How to notify British Gas directly
How do you report a death to British Gas?
You can contact British Gas by:
British Gas, PO Box 227, Rotherham, S98 1PD
What documentation will I need to notify British Gas?
British Gas asks that you provide the name and account number of the deceased.
It might also be helpful if you can provide the following information:
- A recent meter reading from the property
- Whether you would like the account to be transferred to someone else. And, if so, their name and contact details
What happens next?
Once you have notified British Gas of a death, they should contact you either by telephone or email if they require any additional information.
About Life Ledger
Who you can notify with Life Ledger
Life Ledger is free to send death notifications
What you need
- Date of Birth
- Date of Death
- Full name and usual address
- Death certificate or interim death certificate (scan or photograph)
- A piece of photographic ID, such as a passport of driving licence, to upload and verify your identity. (scan or photograph)
Life Ledger can help
Our platform allows you to notify service providers and relevant companies quickly and efficiently. At no cost to you, we aim to reduce the administerial stress surrounding the loss of a loved one.